Don’t Waste Your Final Inspection!
When you first started the search for your dream home you quickly began to wonder if you would ever find the right property for you. After numerous disappointing visits to see houses which just weren’t right, you thought you would never find the right one. However, today your find yourself in the position of making the arrangements for your final inspection before you close on the dream house you finally found! If this sounds like you, AREA Title Agency, Inc. has some great tips below to help you get the most out of your final inspection.
You Can’t Do It Alone
It doesn’t matter if you think of yourself as a DIY expert, nothing replaces the knowledge and experience of a professional property inspector. When you are choosing a property inspector, ask the following:
- Will they inspect and report on your roof?
- Will they climb under the property to inspect the foundations?
- What are their qualifications?
- What is their experience?
- How long will the inspection take?
- How long until you receive your report?
- What is the total cost?
These questions will help you to find a property inspector who you feel comfortable with.
Just because you have hired a professional doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t also attend. While your hires inspector is performing their job, you can do the following:
- Plug a small cell charger into each of the sockets to check for any electrical wiring issues
- Run your hands along the walls to find any damp spots where water damage has occurred
- Run each of the faucets
- Flush each of the toilets
- Ensure any of the listed inclusions are still there and working correctly
These aspects aren’t always going to be covered by your property inspector, so be sure to complete them yourself. If you find something that raises concern, have your property inspector take a look while you are both there.
Title Insurance in Toledo, OH Can Protect Your Investment
If you are satisfied with the property then it’s time to check the title for any issues and purchase title insurance to gain peace of mind over your new dream home. Speak with AREA Title Agency, Inc. at (419) 242-5485 today to learn more about how title insurance in Toledo, OH can protect your financial investment.