We prepare title searches and provide insurance here at AREA Title in Toledo, Ohio. Even for the unusually tiny homes. Below are a few facts that you should know before buying a tiny house.
The Tiny House Movement
Can be traced back at least as far as 1854 when Henry David Thoreau published his book, Walden. Thoreau wrote, “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach.” Today’s tiny house movement is not as concerned with leaving society to find solitary contemplation. But Thoreau’s idea of simplifying life rings true for many tiny house owners. Even though they live on a smaller scale, most still commute to jobs every day. Some even have families.
The Pros of Living in a Tiny House
- An intimate connection to the outdoors. You can park your tiny home anywhere. In the woods, near the beach, or on a mountain.
- Cozy in the winter. Quick and easy to warm up and keep warm.
- Affordable to build.
- No mortgage
- Mobile. Most tiny homes are built on wheels and can be parked virtually anywhere.
- Low cost for land rental and utilities.
- Easy to keep clean
- Small environmental footprint
The Cons of Living in a Tiny House
- No office space
- If living with another person, there is no personal space.
- Claustrophobia – bumping into each other, tripping over the dog.
- Not enough storage space. Paring down on what you can and cannot keep.
- No bathtub
For Title Insurance in Toledo, call us If you’re in the closing process to run a title search and to purchase title insurance before you finish the transaction. Here at AREA Title Agency, we’ll provide the services you need so you can feel safe to make one of the biggest (or smallest) investments of your life. Call (419) 242-5485 or toll-free at (888) 305-2732 to learn more about how we can assist you.